PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - New Forum?
Thread: New Forum?
View Single Post
Old 14th Apr 2006, 12:21
jindabyne

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
At a particularly splendid session in th'pub last evening, several fellow PPRuNers were bemoaning their perceptions that the forum was, with obvious exceptions, increasingly boring with a noticeable rise in whinging, mindless mud-slinging and purile posting. In general agreement, and fuelled with not an inconsiderable volume of incahol, I staggered home and set about thrashing the PC.

In the bright and painful light of this morning I'm grateful to Wholi for reminding me of previous debate, and to others for taking up my offer and lambasting me with wet lettuce; to them I apologise and humbly withdraw my ill-thought suggestion. To those who supported my notion, I apologise for my apparent U-turn - sobriety can be cruel.

Still, my gut feeling is that the forum HAS deteriorated in 'quality' over many months, but then I guess that is the price of Mil Aircrew rightly remaining OPEN; the richness of debate, informed argument and humour of many colours is too good to miss - and IMV outweighs the knobhead input (just). Must tell myself to make more use of the ignore option, and stop being a prat.

Jacko - thanks for your offer, maybe I should give Smartypants a shake?

ExRAFRadar - was that you earwhigging at the bar yesterday??

What shall I tell them in th'pub tonight??

Last edited by jindabyne; 14th Apr 2006 at 12:33.