PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAF JPA Rollout
Thread: RAF JPA Rollout
View Single Post
Old 14th Apr 2006, 09:26
Ginseng

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SRENNAPS

From my previous posts, I don't think that you can accuse me of looking at this through rose-tinted spectacles. Yes, access is appallingly slow at the moment, when it can be achieved at all. I also agree with the sentiments of other users that a better phased introduction and completion of data entry before the system was released to all users would have helped the current situation. Nevertheless, on the odd occasion when you have access (about 3 am), most of the functions do work.

Not sure where you got the bit about PICs not existing any more. As a self-service manager (yes, I am one, which came as a bit of a shock!), all my guys are listed against their PICs, and those that don't have one yet are shown on a local Overborne code.

To be fair, I haven't had to try the allowances/journey/advance functions yet. That pleasure is to come. But I have booked a number of periods of leave successfuly, although with a success rate of about 1 in 3 attempts; the leave balance function has then updated successfully (this happens overnight).

I do agree that it needs to get a whole lot better to be "fit for purpose".

Regards

Ginseng