PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Capped actuals
Thread: Capped actuals
View Single Post
Old 14th Apr 2006, 06:31
BEagle

Received 323 Likes on 115 Posts
First tour on Vs, second on the 'toom...

On the f-4, went to Gut on a 4-5 day exercise. We were accommodated off-base, some way away. The Blunt Ones expected everyone to be bussed back in every evening to eat on base....

Slef plus truckie chum from the C-130 det cornered the ProjO and told him what he could do with that idea. After much robust discussion, it was agreed that we could do our own thing in the evening and receive the appropriate breakfast, lunch and dinner allowance but mustn't eat in the OM as that would then be contrary to the regs. Fair enough - off to accounts for a truck load of Dm, explained it to the chums and paid them, paid the lads (the Eng WO went all misty-eyed aabout the 'pay parades' of his youth), then told them there'd be a little paperwork to sort when we got back.

Had a great week -the FJ mates couldn't believe how they were normally shafted on their 'Dets', ending up paying through the nose even though they were entitled. Showed them the bit in the accounting blurb which stated that they were Command rules, not specific to a/c type. Hotel keeper in Gut was so amazed that the bill ws paid on time for once that he gave me a nice bottle of wine.

Got home, sat them down and made them fill out the (in those days) individual 6663s. Usual moaning, but they had no idea how to fill them in. Collected it all up, down to Accounts, all OK. Then a week or so later they all received a few quid more balancing payment.

Did anyone say thank you? Just the groundcrew lads. A certain VSO PPRuNer teasingly called me a truckie, but that was about all the thanks I got from the aircrew.

If you want to be shafted in the FJ world, feel free. But knowing your entitlement is hardly rocket science.