PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cendant Relocation?
View Single Post
Old 14th Apr 2006, 06:13
TATC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Inverted81
transfer grant??? i dont want to appear naive, but i've never heard of it. i was wondering if there was an easier way of doing things as it seems to be dragging on, when really i need to move and get working. do i ask my new unit about the grant?
I was given an HR coordinator when i moved. At first I was put into contact with cendant but when they realised that I was only renting they said that they couldnt do much for me. My advise would be to dig out all the sections of the employee handbook and print them off - from the intranet.

the transfer grant is for moving rented to rented, and the value depends on whether the property moving from and to is furnished or unfurnished. It is designed to cover the cost of fixtures and fittings left at the old property and replaced at the new property, and is unreceipted. There is some parts of the employee handbook talking about moving to a higher priced rental area and getting some help with the increased rent.

If I were you I would contact someone at HR and get them to talk them through everything. You can claim hotel bills, flights to and from the area you are looking at, or petrol to and from the area and petrol money at running cost for mileage going round looking at houses.

As I said earlier Cendant didnt want a bar of me when they found out that I didnt own my property, and all my claims were made direct to NATS and a relocation Expense claim form.