PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAF JPA Rollout
Thread: RAF JPA Rollout
View Single Post
Old 13th Apr 2006, 22:25
SRENNAPS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Grimwesel and Ginseng:
I am sure that you two believe in this new system. However after the fiasco of the last 10 days plaese will you accept these points:
Hardly anybody seems to be able to log on and do their business.
"Time out" has been blamed on the number of people logging on - yet apparentlty only 1 in 4 of all RAF personel have logged on. What will it be like when 40,000 RAF people log on ( and lets not talk about Army/Navy).
When you can log on, the data is incorrect and you seem to be unable to change anything. Time's out again.
When you cant change the data, you ring the help line, they cannot help you. This is because the majority of people have not been trained in JPA and in fact the 3 people that I have spoken to did not even know it was happening. (JPA launch to the RAF) - one girl i spoke to was in tears because she could not comprehend the number of phone calls she was getting about a subject she knew nothing about.
You cant put leave in. Nobody I know has successfully made a claim. If you do manange to claim an advance it is one day at a time. PIC numbers no longer exist, Last tour of duty no longer seems to exist, overseas posting lists no longer seem to exist. Any time in operational thertre before 2000 is discarded.
If we do get paid at the end of Apr it will be amazing, however how many will actually have the correct pay. I was screwed up last month because for some reason to allow JPA to work I was internally posted. Sadly this resulted in me paying for singlie food charges. I have no doubts that my pay at the end of Apr will be even more cocked up.
I, at my age can accomodate these cockups but imagine a young SAC and his wife with a young kid being messed up. Anybody tried speaking to a bank manager recently - I think it goes: " If you want help - press one", "If you want a credit card press two", "If you are in the RAF and have joined JPA - hang up - you have no hope".
Over the years I have been seriously involved with LITS. We thought that was bad, but this?..............