PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Chinook - Still Hitting Back 3 (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 13th Apr 2006, 19:32
cazatou

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ark Royal,

I note that you are appreciative that I consider that you have a fertile mind. Indeed I do. A Farmer will appreciate having a fertile field - but he will still have to sort the wheat from the chaff.

YES!! I do support the view point of Sir John Day; someone whom I admire and have known for, according to my calculations, some 35 years. Has anyone asked the Officer of YOUR former Service, who was the Captain of the other Crew, for his opinion on these matters? After all, when people start questioning the pre flight planning, they are calling into question the Professional competence of HIS crew.

However, regarding Sir John Day.

As I have said before. he was operating in the Jungles of South East Asia ON ACTIVE SERVICE before most of the contributors to this thread had even been thought of :- LET ALONE BORN!!

In addition, a further thought. Support Helicopters only had one engine in those days.

Now, those who wish to cast aspersions; WHAT WOULD YOU HAVE DONE?

Bear in mind that you are responsible for the resupply of all Army Bases in areas subject to terrorist activity, the insertion and active support of offensive patrols and also any "Special Forces" activities.

You also have to support the RUC and the UDF in their counter - insurgency activity.

There are people who have expressed extreme views on the deployment of personnel and aircraft to this theatre:

Well now is the time to stand up and be counted.

WHAT WOULD YOU HAVE DONE?????