PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NEWCASTLE
Thread: NEWCASTLE
View Single Post
Old 13th Apr 2006, 13:26
10 DME ARC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Get a life people, in the last year I have flown from Manchester twice, one long haul and one IT, the long haul we arrived 0640 and had to wait 40min for a stand! The IT arrived back at 0130 we waited over an hour for our luggage! Then how often do you have to wait for stands at Heathrow or Gatwick?
Can I also say the airport does not ground handle aircraft other than busing handling agents do that, I have parked off pier twice of late and only waited a few minutes each time? The airport have also invested in some new larger bus's in the last few weeks.
I spend most of my working day watching a/c in and out so where's the delays? I am not saying all is perfect but which airport is?

So back to the main point, the airport in not trying to be something it shouldn't! Its a European regional airport with low cost, it has facilities that a lot of low cost airports have not! It gets excellent feed back from customers and has won awards. I have travelled the world over, find me an airport which is perfect!