PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - IR Conversion From FAA To JAA?
View Single Post
Old 13th Apr 2006, 13:02
bfato

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Ulv
Beware though, and I'm sure you'll bump into this situation eventually, the CAA must according to the LASORS accept any conversion course approved by the CAA of the issuing state, but as an example it is known that the CTC Wings programme only accept UK CAA issued conversions, so it might be a bit tricky depending of your choice of career. If anyone outthere has experience doing converion courses, especially in Spain, I too would greatly appreciate some comments and advice.
Just out of interest, is there any difference in the details written in your licence if you convert from an ICAO IR rather than do a JAA IR from scratch? Can anyone tell from looking at the "ratings to be revalidated list" that you chose to do the bulk of your training abroad in an aircraft rather than in the UK in a sim?

Even if so, I'm surprised they're treated differently since, in both cases, you have to pass all the exams and the initial skills test. Some have opined that the Spanish initial skills test is less of a stretch than the British, but that's a different issue.