PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Most expensive GA airfields
View Single Post
Old 13th Apr 2006, 10:26
Hairyplane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Landing fees

Airfields - Turweston ( just west of Silverstone circuit) landing fee is precisely nuffink if you take on 50 litres of fuel - not too difficult when I'm burning a litre a minute in the 44.....

Instant - I mean bowser waiting for rotors to stop 'instant' - refuelling and very friendly.

Odd landing arrangement through planning constraints but still only a 2 minute walk from the cheeeep cafe.

Hotels - We planned to fly into La Manoir Aux Quatre Saisons recently - at least until I discovered that they were going to stiff me for a landing fee.

I will never pay a landing fee at a hotel out of principal. Its just the same as having a ticket machine at the entrance for parking your car. Never...ever....

Check out Fawsley Hall near Daventry - just as exclusive but without that
'I've been stiffed because I flew in' feel about it. Landing fee there...? I'll let you guess. Very unusual for hotels to charge, its a great image thing to have a heli on the lawn. I recommend a boycot of all those who do.

If everybody with a heli felt as strongly as I do, boy would they be losing business!

Billesley Manor just to the west of Stratford Upon Avon is very heli friendly too..........

Hairy