PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Any female pilots out there just starting out???
Old 13th Apr 2006, 09:36
femaleWannabe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Bootylicious
Bit of advice - don't start out telling everyone you want to wear a short skirt and stiletto's in the flight deck, and also don't be uttering those terrible words of how you'll have to 'shag your way in somewhere'. It isn't good, it isn't funny, and it certinly won't get you any respect. Oh, and you also shouldn't be telling us all how you're looking forward to getting 'hammered off your tits' and 'shagging down route'.... Of course if you're joking then banter is always good - but you should probably get yourself into the business and earn respect first before you start trying to make yourself 'one of the lads'.
Couldn't agree more. Ok so I know nothing about the flight deck world, but coming from a computing background with loads of guys, you don't get any respect by making comments like that. Sure, the guys all laugh and it's good banter, but from my experience, nobody takes you seriously - you'll just be "that silly girl who's playing at flying a plane".

Thank you Bootylicious, I was beginning to think I'd have to get my short skirt and high heels on for my next PPL lesson