PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Collection at RAF Cosford under threat (Merged)
Old 13th Apr 2006, 07:59
Opssys

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Contacting BA and/or Cosford

I haven't contacted either. In the case of Cosford, I don't see them as to blame. They hosted the Collection and from what I glean did their best with decreasing support from BA.

As for BA, my anger over the Collection is probably a decade too late (in that to conserve these Aircraft should have been a continous ongoing budgeted and resourced activity).

As for my Concerns over BA's general stewardship of it's heritage, then my anger is 30+ Years too late, as when BEA and BOAC were brought together (a mega clash of cultures - which scarred management thinking for over a generation), there was a one-off opportunity to form an Historical Task Force (of Historians, not employees) which could have brought the strands of most of Britains Civil Aviation Heritage together in a documented archive. Some material was saved and went to Hendon intially?, but an awful lot was destroyed.

So perhaps my ire is due to the knowledge that I and indeed all the others who posted are unable to change one iota the current situation.

Whilst the BA Museum and Archive Web Site is a 'nod' in the right direction, the very slow rate of site development says an awful lot about the Corporate Attitude (as encapsulated by Skylion).

Finally: I did think BEagle was for once unfair. East Fortune are accepting the Aircraft and Bits, not their fault that the bits are all that is left of two important Airframes which cannot be saved!
DIH