PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - JET2
Thread: JET2
View Single Post
Old 12th Apr 2006, 20:05
crewboi83

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
shamrock7seal
Like all newer airline jet2 uses cheaper aircraft to get operations going.
FR started out with the old 737-200 so in the beginning their overheads would be very cheap with that old thing.
Personally I dont think the airline is doing to bad myself, its growing a quick pace and yes it might be aiming for those routes not served by any other airlines but to me that makes sense really, why go after a route that had many other operators on it when you can do a route where you are the only operator and can make a fortune! i would do the same
not all jet2 routes are these routes, we operate man-alc,fao,lgw,gva and more that are already operated by loco airlines and nearly every other charter airline going, yet the flights are always full!
Jet2 listens to its passengers unlike most other airlines, instead of researching a route and how much money it will make jet2 will just ask the passengers directly where they want to fly, they will then try it out, if it works it stays! and its working so far. plus we have a very smart marketing team behind us, you cant seem to get moved in MAN, NCL, LBA for big red jet2 posters on bill boards, buses, bus stops, news papers and more. so its success is no accident, its hard work put in my the managment and all of us on the front line who try are best to ensure people come back, and judging by the comment we get and the compliments our passengers give as they leave us we are doing a bloody good job!