PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - From Zero to Forty Five - my PPL Diary
View Single Post
Old 12th Apr 2006, 14:30
Lister Noble

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
QXC at last

Just back from my QXC,Old Buckenham-land Southend-land Cambridge via Sudbury,Cambridge-land Old Buck via Lakenheath with lots of F16's and heavy's about.
Excellent feedback from MATX controller at Lakenheath,all the militaryt stuff popped up exactly where he said it would
Good visibilty but some light rain showers initially with lowish cloud,the CFI had told me to return if the conditions were not good and I thought,B***er it,I've waited all this time and I'm 10 mins into the QXC and considering returning,anyway it improved and I continued,thank goodness.
I had moderate to strong cross winds for each landing but just within limits and it all went well ,I got a satisfactory and a good at both land-aways so am very pleased.
I was told at one place that the satisfactory was because of my poor R/T,not reading back everything I should have done on approach.
I asked for a QDM bearing on approach to both fields as the exact location was not perfectly clear,they told me that they considered that good airmanship,they'd rather that than have someone flying around in the area trying to locate the field.
A bonus was as I climbed away from Old Buck at the start,an airliner passing high overhead wished me luck,the pilot is a mate next door and was just passing through en route to Europe ,quite a co-incidence and made me feel good through the whole trip.
I called to thank him when I got back home and he was in Copenhagen!
CFI is now looking to get my skills test done asap.
Lister
Edited to add a bit more content,but not in the class of some forumists!

Last edited by Lister Noble; 13th Apr 2006 at 08:52.