PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways applications/recruitment/accomodation
Old 12th Apr 2006, 14:09
Eddy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm bored, so I'll take a moment to try and answer your questions! WLITS, don't mean to undermine you, it's just something to do!!!! God I hate being ill .
Originally Posted by Railgun
Can anyone tell me how the transfer system from LGW to LHR works? Do you go from LGW into LHR WW of LHR SH? How long is the list and does it work on DOJ or length of time flying? Thanks
The beauty of the new LGW fleet is that unlike the current LGWEF, OneFleet will be part of the NSP. This will effectively make transferring much easier BUT at the same time, there is a lot of negativity surrounding OneFleet which might make recruitment a little tricky.
This negativity is uncalledfor. This will be a fantastic fleet and while you'll work hard, you'll play even harder. The money won't be dreadful and you'll fly to some excellent destinations! Beachfleet, baby!
If, however, you're talking about transfers for current employees, I'd forget all about moving out before the advent on OneFleet (unless you're worldwide). If you're WWLGW, you'll have had your options pack already and should know what's being offered. If you're SHLGW, you'll be unable to leave LGW before doing atleast SOME TIME on OneFleet.
Originally Posted by trolleydolly737
Can anyone help with salary info?
What's the average monthly take home for Eurofleet LGW junior crew?
A mate has just applied and is curious to know.
Cheers!
While I'd be cautious to discuss this information about any other fleet, Gatwick EF tends to work out closely to the information provided on the BAJobs.com page. Your basic is around £10,000.00 a year and allowances will normally work out at around £500.00 a month after tax. This information is available publicly on BritishAirwaysJobs.com so I'm not divulging anything that shouldn't be known.
Originally Posted by richhove
Hi
I am looking for a little advice and information, I have just been successful in being invited for assessment for the 6 month LHR contract, I have to do go in next week
Has anyone been recently for the assessment and if so do you have any hints and tips?
Do you know when people that are just being interviewed are potentially going to start?
Have you heard any rumour about termination at the end of 6 months or being kept on?
Is it EuroFleet or WW, I keep getting mixed messages.
Thanks in anticiapation
You will, I believe, start almost immediately. We're short of crew and we need people to fill the gap until our colleagues from Gatwick Worldwide move up here from October onwards.

To be safe, think that you'll be let go at the end of the six months. This is what the company is employing you on the basis of and to think any differently could lead to difficulties for you six months down the line. I would, however, be shocked if you're not offered a post with us somewhere - be it EFLHR or OFLGW. I doubt we'd train you (£5,000.00 cost, I hear) and let you go after half a year.

You will be at Heathrow Worldwide as that's where the bulk of the shortage is. Indeed, Eurofleet Heathrow are operating a number of flights for Worldwide so it just shows how well crewed they are and how poorly crewed we are.

As for interview tips, this really is a long one to answer and after my morning of boredom, when I finally start doing something worthwhile, I get a call to go out so I must end here. I think I started a thread a couple of years ago with my experiences. Do a search under my username (Eddy) and you'll find it.

EDITED TO ADD : Here's my thread from two years back. http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?t=139164. It doesn't actually have a lot of information about the ass. day but if nothing's been put up by the time I'm back later, I'll put something quite detailed up - just to keep things fresh. My thread might be of interest to RICHHOVE though as it has some information about the training course and acccommodation etc.

Rich, well done mate!