PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MoD to cut war widows' pensions if they sue over husbands' deaths (Merged)
Old 12th Apr 2006, 09:20
chappie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
thank you

thankyou for your support. as i said while it is good to have a balanced opinion and i would take on board points made i struggled to find anything to agree with. it has not been easy for us as families. certainly individually i have often questioned whether i'm doing the right thing. as a bereaved family it has felt that sometimes the powers that be wished we would crawl away and go somewhere quiet. i know that there was no insult intended but i would say there is a way of making a point. to suggest that we are taking directly from the soliders budget is frankly ludicrous.

myself and another family will still go ahead with steps to initiate action. we are saddened that we are in the position to do this. we certainly don't see pound signs in our eyes. that is best left to the holder of the purse strings over the defence budget. well, we want to see protection for all. see the thread over the parliamentary questions re: herc on page 2. we do not want to cause offence at the grass roots level. one lone voice will not change anything, but united together we will make a change for the better. i will ask this tourist. while you accept that you cannot have everything new or even working will you still feel that way when you are given the option of getting on a new plane or use new weapons or equipment . if you are to be believed be sure to lodge your views with the top bosses. i know this sounds cruel .you don't have to accept second best.

i will ask this. if anyone supports that tony blair should meet with us the bereaved families then please go to the military families website and follow the links to sign the petition calling for blair to meet us. i will be with other families in parliament on 26th april calling on our mp's and others to help force this through then onto cenotaph and then downing street. please help and share the word. thank you. i just want to know why those ten men weren't worthy enough of the necessary equipment safety and protection wise considering their role, where they were and the special blokes that they have on board regularly. why am i now so devastated and lost without him. please answer that blair.