PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Virgin Blue/Virgin Atlantic Exachange Number 3 is under way......
Old 12th Apr 2006, 03:19
blue_stew

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by sinala1
I have noticed a massive change in crew behaviour whilst I was away - mostly a total lack of respect for the role of supervisors in general
Oh Barf!!!
Respect has to be earned and too many CS sit around "doing paperwork" or some other bogus crap instead of getting out and doing services, etc. You can see the horror on a CS face when he/she notices a 700 on the briefing report.
1/2 the CS at VB were promoted simply because at the time the company was so desperate and there was no one else. Too young and too little work experience to lead their way out of a paper sack!
VB is a domestic budget airline not some big fancy longhaul operation with pursors and the the like.
A VB CS is simply a crew member with a red badge who makes PAs and banks the money. The best CS are the ones who acknowledge a monkey could do the job and get in there and don't act like they are ABOVE the rest of us. Those supervisors get crew respect and crew will do anything for them.
Crew just want to be left alone to do their job the way they were trained to do it without being badgered and nagged. Too many supervisors have their little 'rules' that stress crew out and kill the team vibe.
Brett has always said we are ALL equals at VB - that applies on the a/c as well as off.
I suggest CS be put on 1 year contracts and if they don't pass muster - back down the back with the rest of the crew!