PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Virgin Blue/Virgin Atlantic Exachange Number 3 is under way......
Old 11th Apr 2006, 22:24
sinala1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi OzFly,

Glad you guys are having a good time over there, I tell you the exchange was the best thing I could have done - I really needed the time away! Whats your favourite destination so far? I loved SFO, LAS, NRT & HKG - definatley my favourites - along with a cheeky 2 night UVF or BGI. There is something surreal about sitting in the flight deck of a B744 flying at low level over the caribbean islands...

My departure from the UK was traumatic to say the least - I had settled in so well there and really felt like a pom at heart (I LOVED the UK weather!)... and leaving the rellies behind that I had been living with was quite difficult. Sitting in J on the A346 on my flight home I was erm a bit upset, but funnily enough leaving LHR was the hardest part - 24 hours later when I arrived in SYD I was ok!

As per my advice OZ to UK, its the same when you come back UK to OZ - save now! It costs a *fortune* shifting your life around the world. Settling back into DJ was slightly rocky at first (to be expected), took me a trip or two to get my mojo back. I have noticed a massive change in crew behaviour whilst I was away - mostly a total lack of respect for the role of supervisors in general (its not just me, lots of CS's are saying this) - however I shant go into that here.

Exchange #4 is currently open for application, and I put together a DVD of all the video I did whilst I was away - its not too bad actually (although certainly not dreamworks pictures haha) and potentially may be used in the exchange application process etc.

Hope you guys are doing well over there!

Cheers,
Sinala1