PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - HUMBERSIDE
Thread: HUMBERSIDE
View Single Post
Old 11th Apr 2006, 19:30
airhumberside

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by aeulad
Tui/Thomson is in discussions with the airport, and expansion from them is likely.
Good news but how big will any expansion be. I take it anything will be announced when the Summer 2007 brochures come out

Excel sales are not as good as they could be, I'm not sure if that is the XL seat only part of the operation or the individual tour ops seat blocks on the XL flights. The impression is that it is the seat only that is mediocre at the moment. A fully based a/c is very much on the cards for S07.
Things cant be that bad if expansion is on the cards. I must say though I have seen very little advertising from XL in the local area. The airport has done a good job advertising the new routes however

Air Southwest have been contacted by the airport, and a meeting between HUY and WOW is scheduled for May.
Sound promising. At least WOW are prepared to speak to us. Hopefully a BRS service could be possible in the near future

Ryanair have said everything is going OK, but have not released forward bookings to the airport. The airport team will obviously be monitoring the loads when the service starts in a few weeks' time. Ryanair expansion at HUY is VERY unlikely following their recent DSA announcement.
Not sure how good an indication this is but prices for the route are very low. I guess the CAA stats for May (first full month of operation) will make interesting reading. Again though I have seen very few adverts for the service. Indeed I have seen more for MME-DUB than HUY-DUB