PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PPR and overdue actions
View Single Post
Old 11th Apr 2006, 18:05
camlobe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PPR and overdue actions

Yesterday, a beautiful day in a large section of the country. All around, pilots craned their heads skyward and decided the day was too good to waste. Aircraft in their natural enviornment, with superb visability everywhere. Cafe's throughout doing brisk £100 bacon sarnies. What could go wrong.

What indeed. Ask a Jodel 120 owner based in the west midlands. Flew into our field no PPR. Stayed a while, enjoyed the fresh clean air, and then departed with his friend on board back to ??? Didn't fill in the arrivals log with departure or destination.

Such a nice evening, I am up with a friend. Nearby ATC unit repetitivly calls the Jodel. No response. Asks if I can assist, knowing I am based at the field the Jodel has just departed from. Contact the ground via box 2. Only person on the ground knows Jodel departing via local highpoint. We divert to carry out brief search in the area but no sign or call on the radio. Inform ATC and advise that we will try and locate destination airfield when back on ground.

Contact made by ATC to Jodel owners wife. She states that he is late home and he is late for an evening appointment. D&D involvement and two police sent around to owners address.

This must have been a terible situation for the owners wife. I would not wish this on anybody.

Owner turns up late safe and sound.

Not standing on any moral highground myself. Just glad of a safe outcome. After all, none of us would find ourselves in this position. Would we???