PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pilot scheduling
View Single Post
Old 11th Apr 2006, 12:00
scroggs

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lezam I think you have enough information here. You can talk to El Al, you can talk to your (or maybe preferably another) Rabbi, you can talk to anyone you like, but ultimately it's your decision, no-one else's. The only one responsible for your life is you yourself. To deny yourself the opportunity to be a pilot because of some intransigent rules of your sect that seem not to affect the vast majority of Jews seems to me to be perverse, but it's up to you. I advise you to open your eyes and have a deep think about what is important to you and why, and contemplate the amount of influence religion has on your life and whether or not that is right for you. Remember that almost every one of the major religions claims to worship the same deity, yet each argues - frequently to the point of war - about the rules of that worship and which 'club' is right. It's all rather pathetic, in my opinion. Make up your own mind; don't be dictated to.

And now, to avoid this becoming a debate about religion rather than jobs, I shall close the subject.

Scroggs