PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - To all pinoy pilots, advise po
View Single Post
Old 11th Apr 2006, 05:48
klintph

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
kontra, i read about that flying school in the newspaper its suppose to be operational this may or june, anyway I think Im getting my training in Canada, Harvs air in Winnipeg to be exact then maybe try to be an instructor pilot to build time then head back sa pinas to try my luck on airlines. Its hard to enter the airline industry in Canada with so many 250-hour-wonder pilots around, you have to pay your "dues" or be a ramp king for 1-2 years before you could be on the right seat of not even a jet but a propeller powered narrow body aircraft (and theres no even guarantee that they will hire you to be one of thier pilots after youve paid your "dues"). But if I try the airline industry in pinas and gain experience and type rating maybe on airbus or boeing then I think Im in a better position to apply with Air Canada. I heard that there are side effects on laser surgery and also still not advisable to get it cause both my eyes are not very malabo I think both are 75 or 100 I guess.

cessna thanks for sharing your friends story, You know what, its a bit weird, FAA or Transport Canada will give you a category 1 medical certificate(thats the highest) even if youre wearing a lense thicker than a glass of coke well as long as its correctible to 20/20 while in pinas as you mentioned in your friends story ATO wont issue licenses for the mere fact that youre wearing a correctible lenses. but then again you could convert FAA or TC licenses to ATOs, full of crap.

Thanks cessna and kontra for the advise