PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - West Jet Interview process
View Single Post
Old 11th Apr 2006, 02:08
System of a Down

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You guys enjoying the progress of a growing company just as AC and Canadian did in their growing years. At some point WJ will no longer be able to help you out by matching your investments. It's only my opinion, but I think most of your income is based on investments that management has helped you with. At the rate WJ is growing, management will find it very difficult to do this 3-4 years from now. Your model works well in short terms, but we'll be talking about a very different situation by the time you retire. The trouble may not even come from the pilot group but from somewhere else in the company. Anyway, enjoy the fruits of your labour for now and take my advise, put as much dough aside for the future as you can. At some point it will be very difficult to rely only on salary which is what Clive will ask you to do.
How long is it going to take people like you to realize Westjet isn't Air Canada. Westjet isn't Canadian. Westjet isn't Cathay, United, KLM, Air France, Ryanair, or Easyjet. There is a reason why Westjet is a successful company: the employees have a vested interest in the performance of the company. I don't think that the leadership at Westjet want or need to change that anytime soon. I'm curious to know why you think the WJ matched portion of our compensation package will not be there in a few years?