PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pre flight nerves.
View Single Post
Old 10th Apr 2006, 23:23
KikoLobo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A lot of things make it come alive!

First... Did you got a close call lately?
Second.. Did a good friend was taken by flight?
Third... Are you getting more emotional lately?
Fourth... A new family member?
Fifth... Did a friend/family asked you to stop lately?
Sixth... Are you getting too much time to think?

Many Many Many Things... The truth is that you have to choose. Weather flying makes what you are, defines you, makes you a better person, or is it making you miserable, just for the fact of thinking or feeling chills??, If There are more negative thinkings than positive... It might be time to switch work to another occupation.

If you decide to stay in flight, make it YOUR mission to reduce the risks.... neutralize them... Make them as low as possible. THis will make you a good pilot.

(I am not a good pilot, but i am working on that )

But if you just can't quit flying, and it makes what you are... The chills are normal... At 7,000 at pre-flight, on nights.... Just don't let them take a toll on you. Life is short, and you wont be able to fly all your life...You might as well die of cancer, car crash, lightning struck, or many other things.. One thing though...... Flying DOES require ones 100% concentration and head in the game......

I had periods when one or many of this questions or things came along, and i choose... I choose to fly, because flying makes me happy, it is part of me, i can't stand life without flying (specially helicopters).. I just cant....

------

GoodGrief... Will you stand the idea that your son might become a pilot?, a formula 1 driver?, a climber?, A diver????... Airhsow Pilot?.... What then?

Look all i am saying is that if the chills are hard enough you might had to switch works, but really really think before you do it..What's causing it. Is the cause as honest as i think it is?