PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pre flight nerves.
View Single Post
Old 10th Apr 2006, 19:07
KikoLobo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey!

I allway's get preflight nerves, some days mild some days severe.....

Once in the cockpit.... All Gone....

Flown the mission, back home... HEY IM STILL HERE!!!!

Light up a cigarrete and start thinking... Am i trying to kill my self... (With the ciggi of course!)

We get exposed to thousends of risks a day, flying is one of them... Is it dangerous.. Well, yes... How dangerous depends on the mission, the pilot and the machine you fly, WX, Etc...... How dangerous is driving home? Well it is dangerous, and it is also dependant on alot of factors... You might as well end up strucked by lightning!!!

So as long as you fly, Keep your head in the job, look outside. don't do stupid things (like some times i do, but less and less with time), and keep visiting PPRUNE!

The only thing i know is that the nerves in preflight are OK.. They help you understand what you are getting into.... It makes you reduce the risk in your flights...

Nerves while flying is another story...

Nerves on preflight are not proportional to what's going to happen, we are not future looking species. Nerves on preflight are indication that you need 100% of your head.... Nerves while flying arre BAD.. Cause you are devoting part of that 100% thinking about your nerves instead of the flight.

At least this is what i think..