PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MoD to cut war widows' pensions if they sue over husbands' deaths (Merged)
Old 9th Apr 2006, 11:24
chappie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy pensions cut

hi, i'm one of the family members of the crew who lost their life in the herc crash out in iraq. we were left devastated to learn that the omission of foam may have placed the boys at added risk when we were at the inquiry. as time has gone by we have given thought to taking action as the governments penny pinching ways has deprived me of my brother. it has come to our attention that we stand to lose some if not all our pensions if we start proceedings. as you may imagine there are alot of mothers who can't affoed to take the risk that they jepordize their only financial security. it's almost like a carrot and the stick situation. this threat has meant that the powers that be might get away from paying out as we're terrified what it'll mean. these families have lost their loved ones, but there is this to consider. if accomodated in quarters a house has been lost. a wage has been lost. if children are at private school, any subsidies paid towards that has also been lost. yet we still get stamped on even more.

as a sister i don't recieve the pension so i can take the fight forward. this is done though, knowing that there is not full support from other families because of their fears. it makes it a lonely and scary road to travel. i was part of the article in the telegraph and after alot of soull searching and time consumption my part complete. yet, with no warning i got dropped from a big height. i still intend to fight though. the end of the article revealed the MoD still stand by the clause and it gived the impression that they won't be moved on it,as they have the power. you can see what i'm up against. i will however do all that i can to get this clause removed.

on april 26th i go to london along with other military families who've lost their loved ones in iraq. we will meet with our MP's in parliament and try to lobby other MP's. We then go to the cenotaph where we wil lay flowers for our loved ones. we then proceed to downing street and hand in a petition that we have going on www.mfaw.org.uk it asks people to sign to support us in our quest to get tony blair to meet with the bereaved families and to answer our questions. please lend your support. please lobby your MP. i plan to use this platform to helpbring change about the pensions clause. one lone voice can't do it alone, but if others join me then i will be heard.