PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A-320 AutoPilot Localiser/Radial capture
View Single Post
Old 8th Apr 2006, 20:15
Maverick

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
thank you

well, the idea again, is not for practical flying...its about how you wud get into the depth of undertstanding a particular subject...a hobby perhaps.... having to use up the full stopway and bringing it to a halt just at the end of the runway, might be a debate for poor/excellent airmanship, but still there are people going thru the depth of calculating inertias, V1's and distances with many variables, ( wet, dry, contaminated )....

its to find the depth of the autopilot and master it, coz at the end of the day, the more we know, the more safer we get and the more we enjoy playing the game.....

thankyou dear friends...

well, the real need to know the extents of a system is to be ensure that you don't really misuse it, but to know, and apply your knowledge when you are in a situation. Your in-DEPTH knowledge might actually help you out.......i am not saying that we have to fly at near VMO speeds and high angles of interception, its just about how far can the autopilot cope up with the flight envelopes.......

Its interesting to me and a few people here and I thought it might be nice to learn from the knowlegde and experience of our experienced pilots...

Cheers!