PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Help if it's possible!
View Single Post
Old 8th Apr 2006, 15:00
the lord

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello friend!!

I try to find you in the JAR the answer at your question, I donīt know if this can help you, but I will try it. I will paste you in english and if you understand in spanish i will paste you.
Information:
(c) Valvular surgery
(1) Applicants with implanted mechanical valves shall be assessed as unfit.
(2) Asymptomatic applicants with a tissue valve who at least 6 months following surgery shall
have satisfactorily completed investigations which demonstrate normal valvular and ventricular
configuration and function may be considered for a fit assessment by the AMS as judged by:
(i) a satisfactory symptom limited exercise ECG to Bruce Stage IV or equivalent which a
cardiologist acceptable to the AMS interprets as showing no significant abnormality. Myocardial
scintigraphy/stress echocardiography shall be required if the resting ECG is abnormal and any coronary
artery disease has been demonstrated. See also paragraphs 5, 6 and 7 of Appendix 1 to Subparts B & C;
(ii) a 2D Doppler echocardiogram showing no significant selective chamber enlargement, a
tissue valve with minimal structural alterations and with a normal Doppler blood flow, and no structural, nor
functional abnormality of the other heart valves. Left ventricular fractional or shortening shall be normal;
(iii) the demonstrated absence of coronary artery disease unless satisfactory revascularisation
has been achieved – see paragraph 7 above;
(iv) the absence of requirement for cardioactive medication;
(v) a follow up with annual cardiological review by a cardiologist acceptable to the AMS
with exercise ECG and 2D Doppler echocardiography.
A fit assessment shall be limited to multi-pilot operation (Class 1 OML). Full Class 2 certification may be applicable.

Look it and this answer donīt help you I will try to look again the JAR.
Do you speak about this with a doctor? With a the doctor who past the medical certificates? I think that they will answer you, your question.

Best regards