PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MPs fearful over Afghan mission
View Single Post
Old 8th Apr 2006, 09:52
Dogfish

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't think the MP's need to be fearful, its the poor sods on the ground who are in the poo. The Afghan people have a reputation for kicking ass. They beat us in the 19th century when we were the most powerful empire on earth. They gave the Russians a good doing over and if we are not very careful the same will happen to our boys. I find it unbelievable that there is a shortage of air support for our boys, just ten helicopters if the papers are to be believed. The heroin trade is the Afghans business and they will fight tooth and nail to defend it. Hang on though I have idea. Instead of spending billions of pounds chasing shadows in Afghanistan why not spend the money here wiping out the vile drug dealers in our own backyard. It wouldn't be hard to track these people down and get them off the streets. If we destroy the market for their poppy crop then perhaps they might grow less of it. Surely this would be a far better use of tax payers money, it might also save an awful lot of lives on both sides.