PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Collection at RAF Cosford under threat (Merged)
Old 8th Apr 2006, 08:47
Opssys

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hmm Skipness One when you wrote:
So the rare B707-437 gets junked and the last BA standard goes the same way. Well done the luddites.
I only thing I would change is that rare should read last.
A thread drift, Cosford is/was not the only museum to hold extremely rare airframes, or at least remains in BA predecessor colours.
My particular concern (at least until I find something else to get angry about) is the fate of the Hermes 4 Fuselage formerly G-ALDG.
Started with BOAC with them for 7 years.Passed very quickly through several operators until ending it's flying days with Britavia/Silver City and wfu early 1962. Officially Scrapped in October 1962, the Fuselage complete with Tailfin was rescued by BUA (when Freddie Laker was MD) and spent the next 26 Years as a Cabin Trainer (BUA/Cale-BUA/BCAL).
After the BA Takeover the Aircraft ended up at Duxford (Minus Tailfin) and painted in BOAC Colours with it's original name Horsa (which I don't have a problem with, although a BUA, or BCAL Scheme would have been nice).
But it doesn't appear to be listed in the Duxford collection anymore. Is it still around?
DIH