PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Parliamentary Questions concerning Hercules Safety
Old 7th Apr 2006, 20:56
nigegilb

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Chappie we don't want you to go just yet! There are lots of things happening at the moment. I understand that there are no figures for the J. There could be good reasons for this. I have written to the Defence Committee this week about another matter which you and I cannot discuss here. This battle is only partially won. The MoD have not accepted that foam would have saved the boys. ANYONE WHO KNEW THAT CREW KNOWS THEY COULD HAVE COPED WITH JUST ABOUT ANYTHING. However, they could do nothing about a fuel tank explosion.
What we can be reassured about today is the fact that Bob and the rest of the crew did not die in vain. If we had not intervened I am sure the J would not have got foam and the K might have waited a long time. Now we need to demand the reinstatement of the J DAS upgrade and we need protection for passengers.

When I started out I wanted foam for the Hercules fleet and an apology and compensation for the relatives\widows. We have made a good start but there is a long way to go yet. Hang in there Chappie.

Last edited by nigegilb; 7th Apr 2006 at 22:11.