PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Chinook - Still Hitting Back 3 (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 7th Apr 2006, 20:43
cazatou

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BEagle

I totally agree. Fact is everything. The major discrepancy in the altimeter subscale settings of the two Pilots; the ADF set to a Commercial Radio station; the lack of "outbrief" as required by ASI's, insufficient crew duty time to complete the task. Then let us add in the requirements for crew meals, allowable crew duty time etc.

We could then add a little spice by mentioning that one would require the approval of SRAFONI to have a further extension of Crew Duty (with its associated "hats on" interview) or the approval of HQNI to nightstop out of theatre; even more "gold braid" behind the desk at the "hats on" interview.

Then, of course, is the fact that the planning they were using had been done by the RN Captain of the other crew. How familiar were they with the planning and the route? (This is not in any way intended to question the integrity or professionalism of Lt K)

We then have to consider that they still had a major problem with crew duty time. Despite having been granted all the allowable crew duty extensions; there remained a very real possibility that they would not be able to complete the task within those parameters.

The only alternative to the "hats on interview" was to try to complete the task as quickly as possible.

Have I got something wrong here? (That was asked with my FSO hat on)