PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cairo to Sharm el Sheikh
View Single Post
Old 7th Apr 2006, 20:20
cavortingcheetah
Está servira para distraerle.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just nipped in to the UK from Cairo. Took three internal flights on Egypt Air. Never appreciated BA so much in all my life as when I got on their early flight to LHR yesterday. Nothing particularily dangerous, you understand, just wondered on one internal flight just what was flying whom.
Driving in Egypt is difficult. Nearly all distance journeys must be conducted in armed convoys with frequent security checks. Convoys depart at specific, but unexplainedly variable, times of the day, are not really that much fun and take time. Quite frankly, I'd hold on to my courage and take the flight. Air Memphis now defunct, bits of its fleet strewn everywhere, Egypt Air your only airborne option. It's probably safer than road travel anyway, given the lunacy of the motorists. Watch out at night! Many Egyptian drivers do not use lights at all at any time. It saves on bulbs but plays hell with pedestrian statistics.
If you read Arabic script you'll be able to read the prayer that appears on the moniter screen both before take off and after landing.
Just a thought though - cannot you fly direct to HESH from the UK ? I deduce that you are dive bound? The long haul Egypt Air crews are rather different from the tarts' knickers variety.