PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Thomsonfly 'Too wet' runway hits holiday flight
Old 7th Apr 2006, 19:46
Diggles

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Brae_Cwynd
Max landing weight for a B737-800 in the wet at CVT is about 56 tonnes.
I see, so if it was landing at BHX in the dry, it's weight would be ... different ?

At this weight it will probably use most of the available runway to stop.

Not much margin for error here! The flight would have been perfectly possible if the runway had been dry. ATC report to the crew on finals was "runway wet, wet, wet". Go figure !!

The imaturity of this comment - and from some other pilots - is scary.
The point I wanted (and still want) to make is simply :

Misleading passengers is wrong.

If a 738 cannot arrive at cvt in the wet, it probably wont arrive.
(It rains in the UK)
Although several postings suggest things are not as straight forward as they might seem.
I do not for one second think the plane leaving at the begining of this link (so long ago I've lost interest...) Palma (?) was ever going anywhere other than the Home of Robin Hood. Doncaster.

And I don't think the driver had any say it the matter, it was a company commercial decision.

Final Point - which will almost certainly result in this post being pulled:
Being moved to the slf forum doesn't irritate me.
But a trolly dolly (moderator) telling me I talking technical tosh does.

Icing on the cake - If the Trolly Dolly in question also works for ThomsonFly- who seem to be getting it in the neck quite often - well if this post sticks, I'll eat my hat.

And apropos of nothing - when a 'pilot' gives his occupation as an airframe driver, and his location as 'Camp X-Ray' then that sort of compromises the credibility of his comments doesn't it ?

Happy Landings.

DR