PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Boeing VS mode: 2nd segment ROC selection
Old 7th Apr 2006, 19:28
rhovsquared

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
no i can't even taxi a piper warrior on a flight sim program and i almost invariably get lost and crash land. And except on strict ILS can't land. but believe me the real airplane presents no problem for me; i actually can fly i want a jet type rating, to heck with a simulator other than a level D six axis simulator fully certified within the bounds of a quality TR course from a good program is my goal. but i'm injured( herniated disc C6-C7)for now don't have the cash for that right now nor acess to all of the proper data. SOPs,oeisids, RTOW's, QRH's, MELS etc so i come here TO LEARN. furthermore i have proper AFM's for boeing 727-200 and 747-200, but am relying on an internet source for 757 info unfortunately I can't buy a real one right now, i haven't yet posted a question about 747-200 or 727-200. lastly the boeing-757-200 source is from the afm stated elsewhere about min-acceleration altitude and restated basically the same autopilot thing i know such engagement is forbidden by most SOP
"At or above the Acceleration Altitude (Aa) reduce the climb rate by selecting VS mode on the MCP and a vertical speed (normally between 1,200 - 2,000 fpm, depending on aircraft weight, altitude and temperature) which will allow the aircraft to accelerate through the flap retraction schedule to the appropriate climb out speed.

Acceleration altitude is normally 1,000ft AGL. Should obstacle clearance, noise abatement etc., necessitate a higher Aa, a note will be found in the Performance Manual on the take-off page for the airfield and/or runway in use. "
hence my question i want good guidance for selecting a value in the VS mode i find the above entry a little vague i also feel that there may be pitfalls as there always are in aviation with this that i'm ignorant of and i love details in the afm
once again thanyou for replying

Last edited by rhovsquared; 7th Apr 2006 at 22:26.