PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Oxford Air Training
View Single Post
Old 7th Apr 2006, 17:35
Reverand Lovejoy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
On the topic of finance.......

Guys,
I am considering a go at the Oxford scheme but I am concerned at the level of finance involved. I have recently been invited back to CTC to resit stage 3 in October but want to know about every angle on Oxford. After trawling through this site and FTE ect is the finance guarenteed once through selection or is it exactly the same as getting any other loan. If so then there may be better options. I dont mind paying the 60,000. Even if I got in CTC I would have to pay it in the long run. But if there is no advantage regarding finance then I think I'll hold off for CTC. As you can see money is the concern. Also, if they only front a 50 grand loan were does the other 10 grand come from?? If I have to pay it outright there may be a longer than expected delay.
Please, in no way see this as a CTC vs Oxford thread. I dont care! All I want is a little insight into the financing as I did with CTC. A little more than the FAQ on the Oxford site if possible!! Possibly a case study of what someone who is on the course did. Please dont tell me the only way I can get the loan is to put up my house. Mrs Lovejoy will hit the sodd!n roof
Many Thanks
The Reverand