PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Boeing VS mode: 2nd segment ROC selection
Old 7th Apr 2006, 17:35
rhovsquared

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
None: the fcom gives this as the following guidance under "automatic flight procedures "The Autopilot is certified to be engaged above 500ft. When the initial climb is established, ensure the aircraft is established on the desired speed and select an autopilot to command (CMD). This causes the autopilot to engage in the Vertical Speed (VS) and Heading Hold (HDG HOLD) modes.

If the vertical speed at the time of engagement has not been established and is momentarily high, it may be necessary to select a lower, more suitable figure in the VS window in order to prevent a loss in airspeed" i hope that clarifies my reason for posting.
Jetman: i did had a hunch that VS mode is not the best thing to use at high altitude i think some say VS makes for smoother climbs and descents, but it must be watched and the manouver skillfully executed

thankyou all rhov....more please

Jetman i know the boeing afds's are similar that's why i posted as such, but i think ALT CAP is automatic on the 75 and doesn't have to be selected on the MCP sorry I forgotten to respond earlier but very intersting reply...thanks

Last edited by rhovsquared; 23rd Apr 2006 at 19:31.