PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Capped actuals
Thread: Capped actuals
View Single Post
Old 6th Apr 2006, 14:56
Ginseng

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Northern Circuit

I didn't mean to imply that the card would'nt work, but that it may not be allowed to be used for that purpose under the existing regulations. Unless there has been a change that I haven't heard about:

Source: MOD Finance Instruction 05/04, 5th March 2004:

"The GPC cannot be used to pay for:

i. Petrol - when MMA is subsequently claimed.
ii. Any T&S for which an advance has been paid or a standing imprest is held.
iii. Any incidentals ........ .

The GPC can be used to pay for the following:

Service Personnel.

i. Receipted actual B&B or receipted actual DB&B elements of the hotel bill, where booking is made through CHBS. This may be subject to the Billback procedure in due course. Lunch and light refreshments cannot be purchased using the GPC as they are covered by specific allowances. (This last bit does not apply to Civilian Personnel)

ii. Up to £50 of the UK hotel bill when the booking is not made through CHBS. .......... .

iii. Receipted actual overseas B&B or receipted actual DB&B elements of the bill only where the booking is made through CHBS ..... (otherwise suject to a max of the appropriate ceiling for the area and spend on the GPC must not exceed this ceiling.)

Its true that none of this specifically addresses dinner not taken in the hotel where only B&B has been booked, so there is some scope for confusion. To be fair, I don't know the answer for sure - best to contact your GPC Manager for advice.

Regards

Ginseng