PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Dubai and the law - Be Careful
View Single Post
Old 6th Apr 2006, 10:17
Toad Hall

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The cop was off duty, i would say to give the finger to any cop in uniform in any country is really not a good idea. This case is different the local was probably driving like .. well like they do and got a gesture to explain the fact to him. I have gestured to drivers here like everyone has but to get a month in jail and deportation give me a break. I find flashing headlights 6 inches behind my bumper alot more offensive.
The double standards here STINK a philipino couple jailed last week for having sex out of wedlock, when you find the majority of the customers in the hooker bars are locals and NOTHING is done to them.
Perhaps people from the civilised world should be all told that if you come to dubai and are not married you risk being thrown in jail.
If you are Gay and are caught also expect hormone treatment to normalise you again!!
Maids who are raped by their sponsors can still be flogged for having sex out of wedlock.
The whole place stinks i for one can't wait to get out hopefully not too long away for me.