PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Parliamentary Questions concerning Hercules Safety
Old 5th Apr 2006, 21:09
chappie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
impending press release enquiry

i've yet to hear anything....all has gone eerily quiet. there is, understandably, a level of secrecy has to be maintained hence the abbreviations. i don't pretend to understand many of them and i understand their role but there is something i don't "get" and would like to if anyone can help. why is there a difference in the K and J Hercs and the ability and high level of reticence to equip it with a defensive aids suite. why is it i get the feeling that we are going to get treated to foam in some K's and that's it?! that won't be accepted as any part reasonable as a conclusion to the recommendations as a result of the inquiry. why is the J seen as the poor cousin? why do i get the feeling that i'm seen by the higher powers as a silly relative meddling in things that i don't understand and i'm not helping the situation and won't progress it any further. all that's been achieved has been done so by nigegilb. he's the most outstanding of all, who has done so much and should be congratulated. i want foam and the best protection for all not adequate protection. adequate is not a word that should be used by a country that is a leading world power for forces in the most dangerous places in the world. the sooner they understand that will not be accepted by families the sooner we can progress. they should be helping us and seeing what they can do for us not make us feel like we should go cap in hand with the adage of please sir can we have some........more........defensive aids suites of the highest standarda nd life saving foam please. it smacks too much of the fact that they seem to have completely forgotten about the tradegy they caused and while they think that they're untouchable in their ivory tower they'd be wise to see that they can't discipline me. i'm waiting for them to honour those boys...your colleagues dead and alive.