PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - HONDA JET
Thread: HONDA JET
View Single Post
Old 5th Apr 2006, 17:45
EricCartman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
honda jet issues / philsophy

we have published a fair amount of links to press about the HondaJet

imho.. i think that the Honda gang is too smart to get sucked into the VLJ hoopla..they are probably waiting to see how it shakes out.. in the interim.. they'll make engines for everyone naturally which is not something anyone would not want in their aircraft (think of all the engine failures you have experienced..then think of your trusty Honda whatever you have owned....)
the biggest differentiator with Honda (and Toyota et al) you'll notice is that they don't set dates, don't commit to press releases announcing things they'll do in the future.. which is very very smart, since when they hit the market, they'll hit it like a hammer, like they did with the Honda Civic back in the day which decimated the then weak US auto makers (who are getting decimated again btw!)... and let's not even get into the motorcycle sagas and stories.. let me know if these links are helpful.. and please excuse my rotten writing, attitude and overt criticism of sacred cows:
- Honda Establishes Aviation Engine Business Subsidiary in the U.S
- Air Taxi—Myth or New Market Niche?
we have TONS of stuff on VLJ's / Honda and "Proletariat Air Taxi".. simply let me know and I can put more links in here for those who are interested