PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - TV Filming
Thread: TV Filming
View Single Post
Old 5th Apr 2006, 16:40
jamesobjective

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile TV Filming

Hey,

My name's James- I work for a TV company in London and at the moment we're planning a second series of the Channel 4 show 'Balls of Steel'.

I'm looking into the possibilities of using aircraft in some of the sketches for the show and was hoping you guys (and gals) might be able to give me some advice...

One sketch involves dropping a load of water from an aircraft onto a group of sunbathers in a park.. I have a PPL so know that there's a lot of issues sourrounding this but this could be rigged with some tricky camera work. The main problem, I think, would be getting hold of an aircraft capable of dropping water- does anyone know of any crop-spraying or firefighting aircraft in the UK that would be suitable for this?

Another sketch is filming a car travelling slowly on what initially appears to be a road- when the camera pans out the car is actually in at the head of a queue of aircraft.. Having spoken to some friends who own aircraft I know this would be not too too expensive with small aircraft e.g. pa28s but does anyone know of any airfields that regularly move larger aircraft and might let us quickly set this shot up with them?? (Unlikely I know!!)

Finally another idea is to use a helicopter to disrupt an outdoor dinner party with its downwash. The shot would be set up so that the party goers are actually extras but do you guys think the CAA would shoot this idea down straight away??

Any advice and guidance would be greatly appreciated!

Many thanks, James