PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Here's what the Airlines really want!!!!!!!
Old 5th Apr 2006, 11:45
Pilot Pete

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My airline recruits a cross section of backgrounds onto 737/757s. This includes modular 250hr guys. Yes it is a little harder to get called for a selection with those hours and they tend to be favouring the CTC route, but CTC place modular 250hr cadets into many UK jet operators.

It all comes down to supply and demand. I read this survey when it first appeared and didn't agree with its findings then. I agree even less now. The few airlines that responded gave an indication of their idealised preferences, not what they will, and do actually accept. The market has changed since this report was published and there are many more jobs available and fewer quality candidates on the market. It's purely a numbers game. The average experience level of a Wannabe has dropped significantly and the airlines have had to lower their rose tinted recruitment spectacles somewhat already. The one thing that is guaranteed is that airlines won't allow aircraft to sit around idle for long due to not being able to recruit pilots.

It's all happened before and if the market continues expanding unabated then we will see experience requirements drop further and entry age requirements quietly increase.

PP