PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA747 3 engine LAX-LHR article
View Single Post
Old 5th Apr 2006, 11:29
the passenger

Originally Posted by Hand Solo

Sadly thats total b*****s and merely serves to demonstrate your lack of understanding of jet aircraft or the rules of the air.
I don´t NEED to understand jet aircrafts or the rules of the air. I simply don´t fly with you/your airline if I don´t trust you/your airline anymore.
Obviously declaring an emergency is just big fun for you.
You don´t have to be an expert to KNOW that it is safer to fly on an airplane with all 4 engines running than to be on one with one engine shut off (if it had been safer this way, Boeing certainly would have constructed the 747 in such a way that three engines are "real ones" and one is a dummy)! So there MUST be a decreased level of safety (even if this situation might still be considered to be "safe enough" by some authorities)!

Perhaps you are the kind of person who insists on a full run down of how your surgeon will perform an operation and make misguided suggestions as to how you think it should be done better? You are entitled to your opinion, but that doesn't mean it's in any way factually correct. Which it isn't.
You bet I select my surgeon VERY carefully! I certainly don´t want to become an EMERGENCY in the operating theatre either!