PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The never-ending 'Modular vs. Integrated' debate - merged ad nauseam
Old 4th Apr 2006, 19:09
slayer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello Welliewanger! Got your jacket on?......Only joking!
First off your right lets not get drawn into the Private Schooling debate, I’d be here all night! Unfortunately I seem to have met more than one or two who are extremely arrogant and quite a long way up their own bottoms! However you don’t appear to be one of them!
Your profit loss Idea is interesting and if all the assumptions that you’ve made fall into place then you’re probably not far of the mark. However, I still strongly feel that going the integrated route is a much greater risk (financially).
My previous post was aimed at people who seem to think its ok to go around borrowing 60K+, in your fortunate situation that’s obviously not a problem, but I have to say, if I had 60-70K in my bank account I’m still not sure if I’d go the integrated route! I’d personally rather keep the extra cash as security for other things…. I mean, it would be nice to be able to buy a house one day. If you go integrated and things go tits up, you’re stuck with a mega loan to pay off which will put you well and truly in the Sh#t.
Also, at the end of the day no matter how much money you chuck at it, it’s your personality and aptitude for flying that’s going to get you a job and I strongly believe that if you’ve got that then your eventually come good.
Anyway, this discussion will be going on long after you and me have our licences and like others have said, it’s all down to personal circumstances so I think I’ll stop wasting my time!