PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Burning Oil Platform Evacuation
View Single Post
Old 4th Apr 2006, 16:22
bigglesbutler

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SAS I am sorry if I can across hard nosed, I just dont think it right to publish peoples names without their consent. Not sure about any legality but the captain in question was not happy with the paper publishing his name without consent or even interviewing him, and quite rightly so I think.

As for being critical of the question about 10 pax, you are right a simple honest question and that isnt the problem at all . And as in my first post I wasnt on shift that day so dont know all the fine details. Suffice to say it would have been a combination of WX, SAR/CAT minimum and fuel/weight etc etc. It wasnt a case of OC needing fuel for the ride home, as all the helis had in field fuel, I believe. The reasons were the usual things one takes into account for offshore flying. One thing to bear in mind with OC is she has a lot of extra kit on board so is heavier than a normal line 61, at least she legally and safely did the job.

With regards to the 92, yes if all the bugs are sorted it will be a great machine for SAR. But that is an ongoing subject that I dont want to get into until we get more information.

Thanks
Si