PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Burning Oil Platform Evacuation
View Single Post
Old 4th Apr 2006, 15:48
SASless

Received 557 Likes on 226 Posts
BigglesB...

[QUOTE]Why would OC have so much fuel during the operation? Not being critical...just curious what the situation was?[/QUOTE]

I remember days when 61's shuttled with 18-19 pax...thus with the proximity of other platforms and fuel...I was curious why 10 was the number on this flight.

I am fully aware the news usually get most of the facts wrong if not all of them wrong.

I can also understand the 10 pax limit might have been the final lift after which the aircraft would have headed for the barn.

As I clearly stated....I was not being critical....but merely curious about the load being lifted by the 61.

In light of the on-going argument about the shift to the 92 for SAR....it seemed a logical question to ask.

If I innocently trod on some sore toes, please accept my apologies for there was no evil intent in my question.

Not being English....I sure didn't understand the News Media had to obtain one's permission to print one's name in the newspaper or use it on the BBC. Since I did not have your permission or the permission of the person named in the article taken from the public domain....I did as you asked and removed the Captain's name.

The original question remains however.