PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SA intructors gaining UK JAA FIC
View Single Post
Old 4th Apr 2006, 14:27
flying paddy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SA intructors gaining UK JAA FIC

Hi All

I was wondering if anyone out there could explain to me how the following is allowed to happen.

I have just heard that South Africain Instructors are training in the uk. (15 hours Flight training and a test i believe) to be allowed to teach the UK JAR PPL (and more) syllubus in South Africa to british students. They are not completeing any theory or Uk licence conversion or even the FIC course.

In the same breathe any JAR instructors are in no way allowed to instruct in SA to teach JAR PPL without first completeing a whole SA CPL with theory subjects and then complete the full SA instructors course.

It seems to me that we are giving students/(customers) to South Africain schools and instructors to the cost of the UK Instuctor/flying schools. We are not allowed to go train them there.

There is no equal agreement between the 2 authorities that I can find. UK flying schools are losing income to foreign schools, and the CAA is giving them the instructors to do so.

Please can anyone show me in Lasors or anywhere why this is being allowed to happen. I mean at least the US JAR schools use mainly JAR instructors. This just does not seem fair at all.

Kind regards

Flying Paddy