PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - OzJet NO MORE???
View Single Post
Old 4th Apr 2006, 09:10
Escape_Slide

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Credibility Schott to Bits

I think you are right. When one has done it several times and it is tainted with controversy, maybe it is time to retreat and do something you really know, and do it well. Sadly, had he marketed that product in a different way with different trimmings and respected the view of his peers, it might have been a winner with the public. It's too late now to restart it. The name, the man, the product are all casulaties of someone who wants to take control of their own destiny. In this day and age, you a bigger man if you invite others to share your dream. But I'm only a pilot. My dream was to fly at age nine. Thanks to those who shared my dream and made it happen. I am forever grateful to the believers who helped me step by step and gave me opportunities along the way. PS should have been able to pull this off but he trod on everyone's toes along the way. Sad to say it has cost him his and his investor's a lot of money.

Good things are done slowly as the Germans would say. I think that if he had planned the execution of this with support from the industry in a timely manner, the outcome might have been different. I think the Vic Govt were led by the nose to believe in this airline when there was really nothing behind it it seems. There is no substitute for good long term planning and getting a raft of propective investors on board. Take a leaf out of Sir Richard's book.