PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QANTAS Discussions
View Single Post
Old 4th Apr 2006, 03:14
lowerlobe
Registered User **

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Speedbirdhouse..

As I said Howard did not really advertise the new IR laws or his intention during the last election campaign and you cannot argue with the state of the economy at the time of the election.

The personality of Latham is not what I was really referring to,I meant his ability to lead Australia and govern.I do not believe that latham could lead a boy scout troop let alone a country.

You can't really say Howard has an attractive personality either but that people were honestly afraid at the thought of what Latham would or could do.

If we all had crystal balls to see the new IR laws at that stage then Mickey Mouse may have led Labor to victory.

Can you recall any earth shattering policies that Latham had announced before the election?

Personality does though have an important part to play,that is how one Bob Hawke won for example

The meatworks example could actually work in our favour,if the government is worried about the backlash and they should for good reason then hopefully it will have a good effect.Howard would I imagine like to be re-elected and if people are being sacked left ,right and center he might have to do something about it...

Thats the bottom line, a politicians need for re-election,it's the only thing they care about

Everyone should be ringing their local Liberal or National party politician and tell them they will never vote for them again unless they change the IR laws and get rid of Howard....even if you don't vote for them they don't know that...

Last edited by lowerlobe; 4th Apr 2006 at 05:24.