PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Thomsonfly 'Too wet' runway hits holiday flight
Old 3rd Apr 2006, 22:08
6chimes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AS CREW I always find it strange that some pax seem to find any reason to question a captains decision where self preservation and that of his pax, who have trusted the responsibility for their safety to him are not to their liking.

Is it because we as humans have a strange way of relating things to each other? It costs me £10 to get the train 8 miles into London, yet we think we can fly a thousand miles for the same price! So when your a thousand miles from home and the captain knows he can get you within a hundred miles of the destination you wanted to get to; is that not good enough? Believe me a divert airport is not an option you would take lightly. Dont forget the crew had to report at the airport so their cars are at that location, so believe me the crew would not be too happy with being diverted so that the a/c could get some maintainance!

Basically, if the flight diverted then it was necessary, if you believe different then put your money up and train yourself as pilot then pop back here in a couple of years and eat some humble pie (guaranteed you will.).........Oh and no I am not a pilot, just someone who sees 24/7 what they do, so I know.